Monday, January 25, 2010

The First Top Ten

Being a mom is amazing! There are many reasons I love it, most of which I would have never imagined before. I know that some of the tasks that fill my days now are only temporary, but memorable still. I've decided to capture the changes in a monthly top ten.

10. Knowing what the world is like at 3 a.m. every morning.
9. Eating breakfast not when I'm hungry, but when I have two free hands to hold a cereal bowl.
8. Shaving my legs on the days Brennan looks like he'll be content in his bouncer for a few extra minutes, rather than when they really need it.
7. Knowing where the camera is at all times.
6. Challenging myself to see how much I can accomplish in the three minutes the microwave takes to sanitize bottles.
5. Still getting to take hot, relaxing baths some nights while Mike and Brennan have story time.
4. Lunch out on a "school" day with my guys.
3. Visits from friends, family, and neighbors.
2. Feeling like I have a whole new wardrobe without spending a dime, just packing away the maternity clothes.
1. Having a small one to cuddle with whose favorite spot is laying on my chest with his head against my neck as close as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment