Saturday, December 25, 2010

Only In My Dreams...





could a Christmas be so magical and wonderful. I could scarcely believe my eyes when I drew back the curtain to peak for snow this morning. I felt like I was getting to live in a Christmas movie. We already had the excitement of Jesus birthday, and the excitement of Brennan's first Christmas, and now a white Christmas too. I grabbed the camera and ran out the front door to take pictures (hopefully none of the neighbors saw since I was still in my pjs). I was afraid it was going to be one of those snows that only stayed for a few hours, and I wanted to capture the beauty. The huge flakes were amazing. What a gift!

Soon Mike and Brennan were up. Brennan and I sang "Happy Birthday" to our baby Jesus in the nativity set. It was hard to decide which memory to capture next. We decided to bundle up and explore the snow. I am amazed at how Brennan already thinks snow is special. The two times we have had it recently he has stood and stared out the window. Today he would kick it and smile. He wasn't keen on being down in it though.

We came in and he headed right for his presents from Santa. Suddenly he stopped in the middle of the living room and started to dance. Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree was playing, and not even a room of new toys could keep him from getting his groove on. Then he just roamed from toy to toy checking them all out. Every few minutes he would wander to the window and look out at the postcard picture that surrounded us. It took a couple of hours to play with each toy and open a few packages. All that play led to a great nap. While Brennan napped, Wells and I got to reminisce together with a walk through the snow. That was an every day occurrence when we lived in Minnesota, and I think we both loved getting to enjoy it again.

Soon it was time to fix lunch. Mike's family made the trek from Rainsville in the afternoon. We enjoyed eating and opening gifts. Then playing with the little guy. Unfortunately, the snow did keep us from getting together with my family today. But that just means we get to spread Christmas over to tomorrow. Nonna and Papa did come by for a few minutes this evening. They found a tuckered out little boy sound asleep on the sofa. It's too bad Brennan won't be able to remember his first Christmas. It will be hard to top it's storybook charm in the years to come. I know I will hold these memories carefully for a long time.

Merry Christmas everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment