Thursday, December 22, 2011

3 Days and Counting!

As my child walks around with his current favorite Christmas card (a snowy scene with a tree in the back of a pickup truck sent by the Gandys), saying "Merry Christmas" "Happy Holidays" "Happy New Year", and asking for hot chocolate, I'm making my list and checking it twice. If I can't have snow, a rainy yucky day is second best to get me in the holiday spirit. The next day or so will be filled with cleaning and cooking, so that the last hours before Christmas and Christmas day can be all about family and celebrating our Savior's birthday.

I don't remember what I did for ideas a few short months ago, before Pinterest. I realized as I made my list that almost all of our Christmas breakfast foods are Pinterest inspired. I'm planning to do egg muffins, sausage and cream cheese pinwheels, mini cinnamon rolls, and good ole' sausage and biscuits for a couple of purist that are invited to stop by. I can make everything ahead of time and have it ready to pop in the oven before anyone else wakes up to see if Santa came.

We've had a lot of fun enjoying the season over the last week.

Brennan made cookies with his buddy Connor.


We went to Santa's Village with friends.
 Brennan loved mailing his letter to Santa.

 The train was a huge hit.

They both loved the cookies.

Brennan met Santa at my Mom's church. This is the Santa that is VERY familiar to him, but he never realized it.


We've also read many Christmas books.

Today we enjoyed the much requested hot chocolate and graham crackers.

1 comment:

  1. Precious! Can you believe our "babies" will be two in 5 days? Just crazy :) Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete