Monday, September 16, 2013

Two Weeks.......two weeks late

( I wrote this two weeks ago but never got back to add pictures, so now it's mostly just for my record keeping. )

We've had a second busy week! Rowe rang in her second week by finding her voice and using it from midnight until 5 a.m. Sunday. She had her days and nights mixed up for the first week, but this was her longest span. Thankfully that was also her turning point. Since then she has slept pretty well most nights between feedings every three hours. Her weight was up to 9 lbs. 2 ozs. on Monday and 9 lbs. 6 ozs. today.

I had my follow up appointment on Wednesday for my platelets. They have gone up, and as Dr. Bedoya said there was nothing "scary" in my blood work. He feels sure this was ITP, a pregnancy condition only, and will just keep a check on my numbers. Afterward we ran a few errands and had lunch, and breathed huge sighs of relief that the doctor appointment went so well. Rowe made her church debut Wednesday night as we kicked off our fall classes.

On Thursday, my friend Alyson brought lunch, play pals for Brennan, and her camera. Alyson has Eternal Reflections by Alyson photography, and is a phenomanal wedding photographer. We "just happened" to be dressed in something other than comfy clothes, and she "just happened" to get some great newborn pictures. We also, sort of, enjoyed the kickoff of football season. I was too tired to make it through the best game, and bedtime for both littles took much longer than usual, so I'm thinking I may have to dvr some games to watch during those wee hour feedings this season.

Today was another weight check. Rowe also lost her umbilical cord today. Yay! (I know some people keep those things, but I find them really gross.) We are looking forward to a long weekend of football, and welcoming the unofficial start of fall!



No comments:

Post a Comment