Friday, October 14, 2011

Fall Fix Ups

Here are a couple of projects I've been working on this week. The most involved was painting parts of our screened in back porch. I painted the walls a cream using this opaque stain.
It is Cabot solid deck stain, but I call it MaGiC! It goes over painted, stained, or unfinished wood with no priming. It worked on our unfinished white cedar siding like a charm. I did have to use two coats on a small part that had been painted a dark color. Next I painted the porch floor an aqua blue. I used this solid stain for that part.


It is Cabot Pro V.T. solid stain. It is suppose to be a little tougher and goes on a little thicker. It is actually not made for horizontal surfaces, but because the floor is covered I think it will work just fine (so far so good). It covered the previous stain wonderfully. 

Before:


After:

Before:

After:


It's not totally complete. I plan to paint the screen framing when we replace the screen soon. The progress so far already makes it seem brighter and  larger. 

Another quick project I completed was a magnetic area for Brennan's play room. I have wanted to put something on the wall where he could play with letters and numbers. I had a couple of ideas but they just hadn't happened. Finally I was at the Dollar Tree this week and saw round pizza pans. I decided three of those would be fun and easy. 

Ta-da:


No comments:

Post a Comment