Sunday, November 6, 2011

A Fun Weekend!

We've had a weekend full of fun! Mike took off Thursday and Friday so that made it extra special. We spent Thursday and Friday cleaning out the room that will become our master bedroom. We are getting ready to put a finish on the concrete floor and use the room for some entertaining before it becomes our bedroom. After the holidays, and a two year old's birthday party, we plan to finish it and move on in. I still have to decide on a paint color for the walls. Three of the four walls have windows, and it's a good size, so I can go with something deep or light. I'm debating between a soothing aquaish blue or a warm grey/brown putty color. The floor will be chocolate brown. Anyone have a paint color in those ranges that they love?

Before


 Saturday morning I went to Under the Christmas Tree at the VBCC with a friend. It was great to have a little girl time, and I saw several cute holiday ideas. I also know of a few shops I want to visit now, like Pimentos in Athens. Brennan got to ride in the red truck, a special treat, and go play with trains. Then he and Mike ate at Chick-fil-a. I'm pretty sure it was a dream day for that little boy!

Saturday night we decked the house, and ourselves, for the "game of the century". Of course this was a little unusual since I'm usually cheering for my tigers. We had a few friends over and enjoyed a great night of football, even if the wrong team managed to get more points on the scoreboard.




Today we enjoyed that extra hour of sleep before heading to church, lunch, and then Christmas open house for the businesses in downtown Hartselle. We went mostly just to support our town. I did find some yummy smelling bee balm for my terribly dry hands at the Beehive Bathhouse, and three little chairs. They are already in primary colors and will be perfect for B and friends to use. He's already put one to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment