Saturday, February 20, 2010

Nonna's Night


Last night Mike and I had our first date night since Brennan was born. On the way Mike gave me a funny card, The New Baby's Owners Manual. It had a note for a spa day of my choice in it. We started with dinner at Bonefish. The Bang Bang shrimp appetizer had been calling our names all week. After dinner we stopped by The Chocolate Crocodile for dessert. Mike was super excited to have a chocolate covered twinkie. I loved the chocolate covered smores. It was great to be out on the town, and feel like an independent adult again. Of course my mind, and some of our conversations, went to Brennan from time to time. He has recently become pretty attached to his mommy, so I wasn't sure how his evening with Nonna might go. Apparently he was quite the gentleman. He talked to her awhile, then fell asleep, and woke up just before we got home. Lucky for us, because she's now eager to stay again.

2 comments:

  1. Date nights are great, but getting back home is even better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL I guess it is time for the 2 of us to have a date night. We have had several with the boys...but nothing with just the 2 of us. I am proud of you Sallye. I'm just not strong enough yet. :)

    ReplyDelete