Sunday, February 28, 2010
In the Blink of an Eye
It's hard to believe it, but our little guy turned two months today! I feel like those two months have passed in a blink. Brennan is so much fun. His personality is starting to come to life. He loves to show his beautiful smile to everyone, and is ready to start laughing at any time now. Tummy time has become more enjoyable for him. He likes to lay across the Boppy and talk to Bert and Ernie. He seems very proud to be able to raise his head so high and steady. A few of his firsts this month include: staying with Nonna while we had date night, celebrating Valentine's, celebrating Mommy's birthday, a trip to school to meet Mommy's class, sleeping all night in his crib, a professional portrait sitting, trip to Gam's, a play date, a birthday party, exploring the backyard on a nice day, and having to be taken out of church (which seems to have become a habit). Some of the things he enjoys are: laying in mommy's arms, standing up in mommy's lap, getting into mommy and daddy's bed in the morning for cuddle time, bath time, reading books, tummy time, trips in his car seat, strolls around the neighborhood, sitting in his highchair, only his Mommy's arms when he's so sleepy, and watching the big kids play where ever we are. He weighs 13 pounds, and is wearing 3 to 6 months clothes.
Our life has continued to change and evolve with Brennan's two months. The top ten:
10. sleeping more than three hours at a time---we are up to five hours some nights
9. being sad to put away the moses basket I've waited so long to have, and then could only use for two months
8. marking the spring consignment sales on my calendar
7. getting up early to go to consignment sales, but not actually getting there early because things just don't always work that way
6. cooking dinner while making up silly songs to entertain B-man
5. feeling baffled by the sizing of baby clothes...how does a two month old already wear 6 month sleepers?
4. spending more time in the hall at church than in church, and wondering who else will be hanging out in the hall too
3. feeling like I fit in with the other mums around
2. exercising to a walking video because it can be done with my arms full of a cuddly little boy
1. that precious smiling face
Posted by Sallye at 9:23 PM