Friday, June 29, 2012

The Writing Is On the Wall

Or the various chalkboards I've made recently. I think I'm addicted! I'm on a mission to find a use, or a new home, for some of the stuff I've been hanging onto (which is a slow process by the way). It turns out a few of those items make great chalkboards.

It all started with this frame. Mom had the idea of making it a chalkboard, and passed it on to me. It was a gold frame with a piece of cardboard in the back. I painted the cardboard with chalkboard paint and painted the frame.  We used it for our Memorial Day party.



While I was painting that frame, I thought it would be fun to have a large board to use outside. I had this old shelf that no longer had a home. Now it gets to make special announcements outside.




This week I decided to turn this picture into an indoor chalkboard, of course inspired from Pinterest.



 I bought the picture at a yard sale a few years ago for $5. It was perfect in my dining room in Harvest, and there's just something I like about the colors. But, it hasn't had a home in this house and the hubs would like for it to stay that way. Apparently he isn't a fan of fruit, who knew. So I took the board out, painted the back with chalkboard paint (preserving the nice fruit just in case the hubs has a change of heart), sanded and painted the frame with some trim paint, and gave our dining room a little something new.


No comments:

Post a Comment