Tuesday, March 2, 2010

If the Shoe Fits...

Have you ever found the perfect pair of shoes that you want to wear everyday, everywhere, with everything? The more you wear them the better they feel, and you only occasionally want to try on another pair. Motherhood is fitting like the perfect pair of shoes for me! I've always known that I wanted to be a mom, and practiced a lot with my dolls when I was little. There came a time when I was about 30 though that I questioned whether I would get to be a mom. I even considered giving up that desire for another person. The turns my life was taking did not match my plan. I was so scared that I would miss the chance to have a baby, but I chose to trust God that his timing was much better for me than I could ever imagine myself. In his time, and in his way, he blessed me beyond anything I could imagine. He brought a wonderful husband, the opportunity to live close to my family again, and now a precious baby boy. How could I ask for more! He's also shown me that becoming a mom at my age is perfect for me. I'm more patient and less absorbed in my own desires at this point. I feel more settled and confident in who I am. I find great joy in having to drag a stroller out every time I go shopping, planning when I will leave the house based on when Brennan has eaten, and spending most nights relaxing at home. It has been great to reconnect with childhood friends that are also moms. That mom connection has given us a renewed friendship as adults. There are the days when I want a break, and sometimes my mind wonders back to when I got plenty of sleep, got the laundry done, and running errands was a no brainer. But I'm also reminded of how much I miss B-man when we go to an event and he is held by other people even for an hour. I'm so thankful to have this opportunity, and pray I will never forget how blessed I am.

2 comments:

  1. Great post! I have to remind myself daily how blessed I am to have such a healthy baby girl. It makes the difficult and tiring parts of motherhood completely worth it. God has been gracious to me and I have all I need (Gen 33:11).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a sweet post. We are really blessed with our little ones.

    ReplyDelete