Thursday, March 11, 2010

I'm Dreaming of a Warm Spring!.....and a Fun Summer!

It's amazing how nice weather can boost your spirits and energize your body. Brennan and I spent about an hour today swinging on the front porch. It was so nice to see neighbors out and about, and trees and flowers about to bloom. While he napped, I worked a little in the backyard. I have several outside projects planned including painting, planting, and playing. Right now my biggest goal is eradicating weeds that had a chance to fester before we bought the house. Mike got a great start on this last fall, so my job is much easier now and I want to keep it that way. I met with a consultant yesterday to pick out paint colors for the house, which I'm very excited about. I'm going to do some painting myself I guess, though I don't look forward to that part. Some will have to be done by a pro I think. My favorite part of the work will be planting. I hope to start a perennial bed and maybe a couple of raised beds for herbs and vegetables. All of those are just plans though because the best part comes in late May when the pool is opened. While I can hardly stand to think about summer because it means my time at home with Brennan will be ending soon, I find a bright spot in thinking about the fun we will have. He already has a float, a swim shirt, and swim suits. Hopefully he will love the pool as much as he likes his bath. We're planning to have swim days every week, where we invite friends over for the day. Plan to come and join us pool side for some summer fun!


No comments:

Post a Comment