Saturday, December 29, 2012

In His Words....

A few of Brennan's quotes from the last few months:

For a week or so, anytime I would tell him something he didn't want to hear, like that it was bed time, he would respond,"That's not how you are suppose to talk to me." He's heard that said to him on more than one occasion, but apparently he doesn't quite get the idea yet.

One day we were outside. He came running up to me with a frown on his face and in a pitiful voice said,"Wells won't talk to me." I wasn't quite sure how to respond to that. Wells is a dog after all.

One night he asked why I didn't have lipstick on. I said I didn't need any. He said, "Yes you do! Girls use lipstick and boys use chopsticks!"

He went around the house for a few weeks singing, "Tinkle Tinkle Little Star". He also decided to belt it out at T. J. Maxx one day. I'm pretty sure the ladies around us got a nice laugh for the day.

The other night we walked into a restaurant. He announced, "I don't want a high chair or a rooster seat. I want to sit on a sofa (booth)."

In one of his favorite books he always has to point out Minnie Mouse's pink and white polka-Not bow.

He has finally decided that slides are fun. At the park one day he said,"It's my pleasure to go down this slide." I asked what he said and he replied, "It's my pleasure. That means I like it!"

He has recently had the "pickups" (hiccups) several times.

He often responds to questions and requests with, "Sure!" It's one of those phrases you really have to hear to appreciate, but the way he says it is so grown up.

No comments:

Post a Comment