Thursday, December 17, 2009

Doctor's Visit

Yesterday was my 37 week doctor's appointment. Brennan is now officially full term and could come anytime! We found out that he is head down, but still pretty high. Dr. M. decided it was time to find out just how big he is. We haven't had an ultrasound since twenty something weeks when we found out he is a boy.  When I've asked previously about his weight, Dr. M. has said that he's right on target for his gestation age and was on track to be around 7 lbs. I've been picturing this tiny little baby that looks swallowed by newborn clothes. Imagine my surprise when the tech said Brennan is measuring 8 lbs. 13 ozs.! I asked if she could check again, and she snickered," I already have three times." We really couldn't tell much about how he looks at all, he was so squished up. I began immediately thinking ok maybe we'll set a date to get this started, or maybe I'll have a c-section. We waited for Dr. M. to see the results. He sent the nurse back to say they would see us next week. That wasn't exactly what I had in mind. So, we continue to wait and wonder just how big he actually is. Mike's prediction for his birthday has now come and gone. I keep telling him it will be January 7th, since Mike's second obsession of the moment will happen that day: the National Championship. Actually, I'm hoping for sometime before New Year's.

No comments:

Post a Comment